BarnardWorks is the online platform through which all part-time student employment job opportunities are posted. Please view the job opportunities within Computer Science below.
Computer Science Help Room Tutors
Tutor undergraduate students in Java, Python and C.
- Must be proficient in Java, Python and C, and be able to explain those subjects to students.
- Ideally should have completed a majority of the Computer Science core curriculum.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be efficient, reliable, and on time.
- Currently enrolled in good standing.
- Must be registered for at least 6 credits.
- Preference given to students with successful tutoring experience in the Computer Science Help Room.
Apply at BarnardWorks, Ref # 11057
Peer-to-Peer Learning Programs
Apply to be a Peer Tutor
The Barnard Dean of Studies (DOS) Office is seeking current Barnard students to serve as tutors in our Peer-to-Peer Learning program. DOS Peer Tutors are paid $16.50/hour, for anywhere between two and eight hours per week (depending on your availability and demand for tutors in your area), to meet individually or in small groups (no more than three students) with fellow students who have requested a tutor for support in a particular class. Tutors are also paid for approximately one hour per month of training/in-service.
Subjects where tutors are most in demand include: Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, and Foreign Language, but other subjects may also be needed depending on student requests, so you are encouraged to apply even if the subject you want to tutor does not appear on this list.
- Successful completion of the Barnard course(s) (or equivalent) that you are applying to tutor in
- Experience as a peer tutor preferred but not required
- Empathy, Patience, Clarity, and Kindness
- Commitment to academic integrity
- Good academic and disciplinary standing in the College
- 3.0 GPA
- Senior, Junior, Sophomore, or second-semester First-Year status
To apply to be a Peer-to-Peer Learning Tutor:
1. Apply at BarnardWorks Ref # 7929
2. Fill out this form.
3. Contact Dean Evelyn Leong, Junior Class Dean and Dean for Academic Assistance for further information.